When Life Gets Chaotic, BALMing Provides 5 Keys to Quieting Life’s Storms
These days, you can’t turn on the news without hearing about one problem or another. The chaos meter on the world stage appears to be climbing higher and higher everyday.
For those with a loved one with SUD or a Mental Health Disorder, chaos is nothing new. Yet adding outer chaos to that already happening at home can make it increasingly difficult to cope.
So what’s a family member to do? Here are five BALM Keys to returning your life to calm once again:
1. Realize that your inner state will dictate how you cope with whatever happens in any given day. Use your breath to quiet your mind. Start the day with 4-4-8 for 10 minutes and come back to it whenever things begin to escalate to bring you back to peace.
2. Create a quiet place in your home or in your community for you to escape to when things get loud. This can be difficult in a home filled with people and the sounds of TV. Knowing that a small corner of calm is there waiting for you, whether at home, in the library down the road, or your favorite park, or coffee shop can make all the difference when life feels out of control.
3. Know that you are the place where peace is, no matter where you are. Repeat this idea to yourself. Make it your mantra. “I am the place where peace is, wherever I am.” Breathe it in and let it go. Claiming peace as your core will lead to slower deeper breathing and an inner sense of calm.
4. Educate yourself. Regardless of the source of the chaos in your life, whether a loved one’s SUD, fear of a worldwide pandemic of coronavirus, or the politics of the day, choose that which is most important to you and educate yourself so you will have new more effective behavioral options. Education empowers. Be a solution-oriented person rather than a person feeling victimized.
5. Get support! Sometimes, it is all too much. Whether it’s a relative with an SUD or mental health disorder, the situation in the rest of the world, or something else, you don’t have to travel the path alone!
BALM offers a full one-year family recovery education program designed to provide solutions that will help you be your loved one’s BEST chance at recovery.
Plus, hiring a BALM Coach can greatly accelerate your progress along your family recovery path! Read 5 Core Benefits of Having a Family Recovery Life Coach.
To learn more about the BALM Family Recovery Program and the opportunity to hire a life coach as well, email us at email@example.com
Or, give us a call at 1-888-998-2256 and find out more about how BALM will help you bring CALM into your life as you learn the skills to help your loved one!
Know more about the BALM® Family Recovery Life Coaching here.
- Nurture Your Peace To Get Through The Holiday Season
- 5 Core Benefits of Having a Family Recovery Life Coach
- You CAN BE Your Loved One’s Best Chance at Recovery: Fighting SUD in the Family