The BALM® Family Recovery Program
Help Your Loved One, Help Your Family, Help Yourself
Do you know any families who are at their wits’ ends over their loved one’s drinking or using?We are here to help you help them!
Who we serve:
The families of people with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and other Use Disorders individually or through the treatment professionals working with them and/or their loved ones.
What We do:
We provide the one-year BALM® Family Recovery Education program using the Be A Loving Mirror (BALM®) Method of Family Recovery. This Powerful Educational Program includes instruction and practice in the Be A Loving Mirror method which increases the family member’s inner peace and allows for improved communication that often leads a loved one to choose recovery.
The research shows that when the family gets help, the struggling loved one has a much greater chance of attaining and maintaining recovery. Yet, many families stay in denial and keep enabling, becoming a thorn in the side of their loved one’s recovery professionals rather than the true partners and advocates they could be.
Family Recovery Resources, LLC, (FRR) whose mission is to help ALL families blaze the trail to recovery in their homes, aims to reverse this trend.
We welcome the opportunity to educate families, so they can become true partners in helping the treatment center turn the tide from chaos to recovery in their family.
Families who go through our program often find themselves able to get their own lives back, able to contribute consistently to their loved one’s recovery, able to powerfully partner with their loved one’s treatment providers, thus serving as true advocates of their loved one’s recovery.
The BALM® method teaches families how to engage their loved ones in evidence based brief interventions that can encourage loved ones to enter and commit to recovery more quickly. Long term changed family behavior can also help a loved one avert or shorten slips and relapses.
What this includes for each family of four:
This program is delivered through one full year of full online access to the Family Recovery Academy community with a variety of options that are delivered through:
- Twice Weekly LIVE Zoom Video online interviews (experts in addiction/recovery, recovering family members, or recovering individuals) or lessonsfocused on one of the 12 Principles each week on the Daily BALM® Program (Day and Night times)
- 24/7 access to over 400 hours of recorded lessons and interviews with experts, family members and people in recovery
- Almost 400 handouts
- 2 workbooks
- Weekly Newsletter
- Intimate 8-week 7 Steps to BALM® Course held LIVE on Zoom Video conferencing, empowers family members to achieve inner peace and develop powerful communication skills with their loved ones. (Day and Night Classes)You may take as many times as you like over the course of the year.
- A buddy to practice the 7 steps with in between classes
- Twice weekly,LIVE on Zoom online conferencing, coaching/support group (Day and Night times)
- Weekly Journal Your Way to BALM Recovery Workshop LIVE on Zoom
- A complimentary coaching session with a BALM coach
- Tech support
- Access to private FB page: BALM Family Forum
- Weekly Call List mailed to your email inbox each week with links to join calls
How to Enroll:
- An individual family (up to 4 family members) can enroll through one of our licensed BALM® Coaches or by calling 1-888-998-BALM (2256) option 2.
- A treatment center, Recovery Life Coach, Interventionist or other Recovery Professional can purchase a license to provide this program for the families they serve.
For more information contact: (ALSO, visit our new website: balmfamilyrecovery.com)
Ready to Apply for one of our Programs?
Our Admissions team is ready to serve you
Call us at 1-888-998-BALM®
Our Refund Policy
The BALM® Training institute is committed to helping all families blaze the trail to recovery in their homes.
This work of family recovery and/or helping others grow in their family recovery is important and challenging work.
We provide excellent education and coaching for the families and professionals we serve. We encourage applicants to take the time to explore our offerings fully before committing to the program. Once a student or family makes the commitment, our services are non-refundable.
We look forward to walking the loving path to family recovery with you as you move forward on your journey.