Do you know where you’re going to?
Once, many years ago, I remember hearing Diana Ross sing her famous song Do you know where you’re going to? and I felt this yearning in the pit of my stomach. I knew there was a reason i was here, on this planet and that there was something I was supposed to be doing. I just didn’t know what it was.
The search for life purpose isn’t for everyone. But for those it is for, you know who you are. It’s like that feeling you get when you walk into a room for a certain reason but you can’t remember why once you get there. Or like that feeling you have when you’re at a party and everyone else seems to feel comfortable but you don’t. Something’s missing. Something’s not quite right.
If you are looking to find your reason for being here, you know what I mean…Other ways you might feel include…
- this sense that there is more to life than what you are experiencing
- a feeling of being in the wrong place at the wrong time
- feeling like a misfit at work – you may be good at what you do but it doesn’t feel like it is the contribution you are meant to make
- a sense that life is passing you by and you can no longer wait to find out what you have always wanted to know, namely, why you here and what you are really meant to do with your life
- a deap-seated yearning to know, finally, your soul’s destiny.
People who are looking for their life purpose have this gut feeling that they have been given something they are supposed to accomplish while here. Some know they have been given clues (we’ve all been given clues), but they are hungry for details. Some are wary of going in the wrong direction without more specific direction.
If this sounds like you, the Life Purpose in Recovery program could help you find YOUR True Purpose for being here.
I’ve taken many people through this process and watched them move from tentative to confident as they find their purpose and begin to manifest it in their life.
“There’s nothing like waking up in the morning certain of the work ahead of me, passionate about accomplishing it and sure of its value.” – a Life Purpose in Recovery client”